Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Epidermal growth factor receptor,
- cell growth inhibiting protein 40,
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1,
- cell proliferation-inducing protein 61,
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1,
- epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog),
- avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog,
EGFR is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the protein kinase superfamily. This protein is a receptor for members of the epidermal growth factor family. EGFR is a cell surface protein that binds to epidermal growth factor. Binding of the protein to a ligand induces receptor dimerization and tyrosine autophosphorylation and leads to cell proliferation. Mutations in this gene are associated with lung cancer.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.