Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- exo-mitochondrial protein,
- EC 184.108.40.206,
- Cytochrome P450 24A1,
- cytochrome P450, family 24, subfamily A, polypeptide 1,
- cytochrome P450, subfamily XXIV (vitamin D 24-hydroxylase),
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase, mitochondrial,
- Vitamin D(3) 24-hydroxylase,
- Cytochrome P450-CC24,
- vitamin D 24-hydroxylase,
- 1,25-@dihydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase,
The CYP24A1 protein is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases which catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids and other lipids. CYP24A1 is involved in maintaining calcium homeostasis and catalyzes the NADPH-dependent 24-hydroxylation of calcidiol (25-hydroxyvitamin D3) and calcitriol (1-alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3). Several different isoforms exist, encoded by alternatively spliced transcript variants.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.