Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) 16,
- Rho guanine exchange factor (GEF) 16,
- rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor 16,
ARHGEF16 is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors regulate the activation of Rho-like GTPases. Guanidine exchange factors promote the GTP activation of Rho GTPase's by catalyzing the exchange of GDP for GTP.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
ARHGEF16 is a nucleotide exchange factor involved in regulating the activation of Rho-like GTPases. When the regulation occurs incorrectly, ARHGEF16 and other nucleotide exchange factors can aid malignant transformation.
ANO1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- The HPV16 E6 binding protein Tip-1 interacts with ARHGEF16, which activates Cdc42.