Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3,
- aldehyde dehydrogenase type III,
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 3 member A1,
- aldehyde dehydrogenase isozyme 3,
- stomach aldehyde dehydrogenase,
- aldehyde dehydrogenase, dimeric NADP-preferring,
- aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 family, member A1,
- EC 1.2.1,
- EC 184.108.40.206,
ALDH3A1 is a member of the aldehyde dehydrogenase family. They are involved in the metabolism of corticosteroids, biogenic amines, neurotransmitters, and lipid peroxidation. They are also involved in the detoxification of alcohol-derived acetaldehyde. The ALDH3A1 protein is an enzyme that forms a cytoplasmic homodimer that oxidizes aromatic and medium-chain (6 carbons or more) saturated and unsaturated aldehyde substrates. It is thought to promote resistance to UV and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-induced oxidative damage in the cornea. There are several splice variants that encode the same protein.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.