Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- RALDH 2,
- retinaldehyde-specific dehydrogenase type 2,
- aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 family, member A2,
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase family 1 member A2,
- EC 18.104.22.168,
- Retinaldehyde-specific dehydrogenase type 2,
- retinal dehydrogenase 2,
aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 family, member A2
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
ALDH1A2 is a candidate tumor suppressor in prostate cancer.
Significance Analysis of Microarray (SAM) was used to develop a 7-gene classifier. The overall prediction accuracy and sensitivity is 71% and 76%, respectively. The inclusion of the Gleason sum to the seven-gene classifier raised the prediction accuracy and sensitivity to 83% and 76% respectively This prognostic signature is closely associated with biochemical recurrence in patients after radical prostatectomy. The seven genes are: RRAGD, PQBP1, HIST1H2BC, ALDH1A2, TRIM22, RBPMS, HSPB8.
- An accurate prostate cancer prognosticator using a seven-gene signature plus Gleason score and taking cell type heterogeneity into account.
- Diagnosis of prostate cancer using differentially expressed genes in stroma.
- Expression changes in the stroma of prostate cancer predict subsequent relapse.
- The retinoic acid synthesis gene ALDH1a2 is a candidate tumor suppressor in prostate cancer.