Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- aldose reductase-related protein,
- EC 188.8.131.52,
- aldose reductase-like peptide,
- small intestine reductase,
- aldo-keto reductase family 1, member B11 (aldose reductase-like),
- Small intestine reductase,
- aldose reductase-like 1,
- aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B10,
- Aldose reductase-related protein,
- aldo-keto reductase family 1, member B10 (aldose reductase),
- SI reductase,
- Aldose reductase-like,
The AKR1B10 protein is a member of the aldo/keto reductase superfamily. This superfamily has more than 40 known enzymes and proteins. AKR1B10 acts as an all-trans-retinaldehyde reductase. It can efficiently reduce aliphatic and aromatic aldehydes, and is less active on hexoses (in vitro). It is highly expressed in adrenal gland, small intestine, and colon, and may play an important role in liver carcinogenesis.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.