Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TRIM22,
- 50 kDa-stimulated trans-acting factor,
- tripartite binding motif 22,
- tripartite motif containing 22,
- stimulated trans-acting factor (50 kDa),
- tripartite motif protein TRIM22,
- Tripartite motif-containing protein 22,
- tripartite motif-containing 22,
- RING finger protein 94,
- tripartite motif-containing protein 22,
- EC 6.3.2.-,
From NCBI Gene: The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the tripartite motif (TRIM) family. The TRIM motif includes three zinc-binding domains, a RING, a B-box type 1 and a B-box type 2, and a coiled-coil region. This protein localizes to the cytoplasm and its expression is induced by interferon. The protein down-regulates transcription from the HIV-1 LTR promoter region, suggesting that function of this protein may be to mediate interferon's antiviral effects. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010]
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
No additional prostate data available.
Significance Analysis of Microarray (SAM) was used to develop a 7-gene classifier. The overall prediction accuracy and sensitivity is 71% and 76%, respectively. The inclusion of the Gleason sum to the seven-gene classifier raised the prediction accuracy and sensitivity to 83% and 76% respectively This prognostic signature is closely associated with biochemical recurrence in patients after radical prostatectomy. The seven genes are: RRAGD, PQBP1, HIST1H2BC, ALDH1A2, TRIM22, RBPMS, HSPB8.