Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- soluble TNFR1B variant 1,
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor type II,
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 1B,
- tumor necrosis factor binding protein 2,
- CD120b antigen,
- p80 TNF-alpha receptor,
- tumor necrosis factor beta receptor,
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 2,
TNFRSF1B, also known as TNFr2, a single-pass type I member of the TNF-receptor superfamily, forms a heterocomplex with TNF-receptor 1 that mediates the recruitment of two anti-apoptotic proteins, c-IAP1 and c-IAP2, which possess E3 ubiquitin ligase activity. Although the function of IAPs in TNF-receptor signalling is unknown, c-IAP1 is thought to potentiate TNF-induced apoptosis by the ubiquitination and degradation of TNF-receptor-associated factor 2, which mediates anti-apoptotic signals. Knockout studies in mice also suggest that TNFr2 plays a role in protecting neurons from apoptosis by stimulating antioxidative pathways.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.