Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Serine protease 14,
- Serine protease TADG-15,
- suppressor of tumorigenicity 14 protein,
- Tumor-associated differentially-expressed gene 15 protein,
- tumor associated differentially expressed gene 15 protein,
- Membrane-type serine protease 1,
- suppression of tumorigenicity 14 (colon carcinoma),
- suppression of tumorigenicity 14 (colon carcinoma, matriptase, epithin),
- EC 184.108.40.206,
- EC 3.4.21,
ST14 protein is an epithelial-derived, integral membrane serine protease and is found to be activated by sphingosine 1-phosphate. The expression of this protease has been associated with breast, colon, prostate, and ovarian tumors, which implicates its role in cancer invasion, and metastasis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
ST14 localized to vascular-like structures in ovarian cancer but not in normal ovaries.
ST14 was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of ST14 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.