Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- signal recognition particle 54kDa,
- signal recognition particle 54kD,
- signal recognition particle 54 kDa protein,
SRP54, or signal recognition particle 54kDa, contains a 7S RNA molecule of 300 nucleotides and six protein subunits. SRP54 binds to the signal sequence of presecretory proteins as they emerge from the ribosomes and transfers them to a translocating chain-associating membrane protein.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
SRP54 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.