Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- surfactant protein B,
- pulmonary surfactant-associated protein B,
- 6 kDa protein,
- pulmonary surfactant-associated proteolipid SPL(Phe),
- surfactant, pulmonary-associated protein B,
- Pulmonary surfactant-associated proteolipid SPL(Phe),
- 18 kDa pulmonary-surfactant protein,
SFTPB, or pulmonary-associated surfactant protein B, is an amphipathic surfactant protein essential for lung function and homeostasis after birth. Pulmonary surfactant-associated proteins promote alveolar stability by lowering the surface tension at the air-liquid interface in the peripheral air spaces. These proteins are composed of 90% lipids and 10% proteins, and include plasma proteins and apolipoproteins SPA, SPB, SPC and SPD. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants for this gene, all encoding the same protein.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.