Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Histone-arginine N-methyltransferase PRMT1,
- Protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1,
- HMT1 (hnRNP methyltransferase, S. cerevisiae)-like 2,
- HMT1 hnRNP methyltransferase-like 2 (S. cerevisiae),
- Interferon receptor 1-bound protein 4,
PRMT1 is an arginine N-methyltransferase that functions as a histone methyltransferase specific for H4. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, it represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. PRMT1 may also be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.PRMT1 is widely expressed.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.