Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- mental retardation, X-linked 55,
- polyglutamine-binding protein 1,
- polyglutamine binding protein 1,
- Polyglutamine tract-binding protein 1,
- Sutherland-Haan X-linked mental retardation syndrome,
- 38 kDa nuclear protein containing a WW domain,
- polyglutamine tract-binding protein 1,
- nuclear protein containing WW domain 38 kD,
From NCBI Gene: This gene encodes a nuclear polyglutamine-binding protein that is involved with transcription activation. The encoded protein contains a WW domain. Mutations in this gene have been found in patients with Renpenning syndrome 1 and other syndromes with X-linked mental retardation. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode different protein isoforms have been described for this gene.[provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009]
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
No additional prostate data available.
Significance Analysis of Microarray (SAM) was used to develop a 7-gene classifier. The overall prediction accuracy and sensitivity is 71% and 76%, respectively. The inclusion of the Gleason sum to the seven-gene classifier raised the prediction accuracy and sensitivity to 83% and 76% respectively This prognostic signature is closely associated with biochemical recurrence in patients after radical prostatectomy. The seven genes are: RRAGD, PQBP1, HIST1H2BC, ALDH1A2, TRIM22, RBPMS, HSPB8.