Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- all1-responsive gene 1,
- ALL1-responsive protein ARP1,
- RIEG bicoid-related homeobox transcription factor,
- paired-like homeodomain 2,
- rieg bicoid-related homeobox transcription factor 1,
- Homeobox protein PITX2,
- Paired-like homeodomain transcription factor 2,
- pituitary homeo box 2,
- pituitary homeobox 2,
The PITX2 protein is a member of the RIEG/PITX paired homeobox family, in the bicoid class of homeodomain proteins. PITX2 acts as a transcription factor, controls cell proliferation in a tissue-specific manner and is involved in morphogenesis. During embryonic development, PITX2 exerts a role in the expansion of muscle progenitors. Several alternatively spliced transcripts have been identified encoding different isoforms.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.