Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein 1,
- Prostatic-binding protein,
- Raf kinase inhibitory protein,
- Neuropolypeptide h3,
- phosphatidylethanolamine binding protein 1,
- hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide,
- prostatic binding protein,
PEBP1 is a cytoplasmic protein that binds ATP, opioids and phosphatidylethanolamine. It has lower affinity for phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylcholine. PEBP1 is a serine protease inhibitor which inhibits thrombin, neuropsin and chymotrypsin but not trypsin, tissue type plasminogen activator and elastase. PEBP1 may be involved in the function of the presynaptic cholinergic neurons of the central nervous system. PEBP1 increases the production of choline acetyltransferase but not acetylcholinesterase and seems to be mediated by a specific receptor.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.