Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- IgLON family member 1,
- opioid binding protein/cell adhesion molecule-like,
- opioid-binding protein/cell adhesion molecule-like,
- Opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule,
- opioid-binding protein/cell adhesion molecule,
- opioid binding protein/cell adhesion molecule-like preprotein,
The OPCML protein is a member of the IgLON subfamily in the immunoglobulin protein superfamily. OPCML binds opioids in the presence of acidic lipids. The gene has an ortholog in rat and bovine. The OPCML protein is highly conserved across species, and therefore it is hypothesized that it may have a fundamental role in mammalian systems. There are two different isoforms, each from its own transcript.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.