Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- unconventional myosin-Va,
- Myosin heavy chain 12,
- myosin VA (heavy polypeptide 12, myoxin),
- myosin V,
- Dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle,
- myosin VA (heavy chain 12, myoxin),
- dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle,
- myosin, heavy polypeptide kinase,
The MYO5A gene is one of three myosin V heavy-chain genes, belonging to the myosin gene superfamily. The MYO5A protein functions as a processive actin-based motor that can move in large steps approximating the 36-nm pseudo-repeat of the actin filament. MYO5A is also involved in cytoplasmic vesicle transport and anchorage, spindle-pole alignment and mRNA translocation. Different isoforms, encoded by alternatively spliced transcript variants, have been reported.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
MYO5A was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.