Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase,
- methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase,
- methylated-DNA--protein-cysteine methyltransferase,
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase,
- 6-O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase,
- EC 22.214.171.124,
MGMT is involved in the cellular defense against the biological effects of O6-methylguanine (O6-MeG) in DNA. It repairs alkylated guanine in DNA by stoichiometrically transferring the alkyl group at the O-6 position to a cysteine residue in the enzyme. This is a suicide reaction: the enzyme is irreversibly inactivated.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.