Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Basement membrane autoantigen p105,
- lectin, galactoside-binding, soluble, 3 binding protein,
- Mac-2-binding protein,
- serum protein 90K,
- lectin galactoside-binding soluble 3-binding protein,
- mac-2 BP,
- galectin-3-binding protein,
- Tumor-associated antigen 90K,
- Mac-2 BP,
- tumor-associated antigen 90K,
- basement membrane autoantigen p105,
- Lectin galactoside-binding soluble 3-binding protein,
- L3 antigen,
LGALS3BP is a secreted protein that binds to a human macrophage-associated lectin known as Mac-2 and also binds galectin 1. Elevated levels of LGALS3BP have been found in the serum of patients with cancer and in those infected by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
Average expression of LGALS3BP was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.
LGALS3BP was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380.