Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Kinesin Family Member 1A,
- Spastic Paraplegia 30 (Autosomal Recessive),
- Unc-104- And KIF1A-Related Protein,
- Chromosome 2 Open Reading Frame 20,
- Kinesin, Heavy Chain, Member 1A, Homolog Of Mouse,
- Microtubule-Based Motor KIF1A,
- Axonal Transporter Of Synaptic Vesicles,
- Axonal Transport Of Synaptic Vesicles,
- Kinesin-Like Protein KIF1A,
From NCBI Entrez Gene: The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the kinesin family and functions as an anterograde motor protein that transports membranous organelles along axonal microtubules. Mutations at this locus have been associated with spastic paraplegia-30 and hereditary sensory neuropathy IIC. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012]
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Head & neck, NOS
No additional data available.
KIF1A is one of eight genes on a panel of differentially methylated genes from normal and OSCC clinical samples from patients with heterogenous risk profiles chosen for further validation. The eight genes are: HOXA9, NID2, GATA4, KIF1A, EDNRB, MCAM, DCC, and CALCA.