Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- IMP (inosine monophosphate) dehydrogenase 2,
- IMPDH 2,
- inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase type II,
- IMP (inosine 5'-monophosphate) dehydrogenase 2,
- inosine 5' phosphate dehydrogenase 2,
- IMPD 2,
- EC 184.108.40.206,
- inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2,
- IMP oxireductase 2,
- IMP dehydrogenase 2,
The enzyme IMPDH2 catalyzes the rate-limiting step of conversion of inosine 5'-phosphate (IMP) to xanthosine 5'-phosphate (XMP), the first committed step in the de novo synthesis of guanine nucleotides. Therefore IMPDH2 is involved in maintaining cellular guanine deoxy- and ribonucleotide pools needed for DNA and RNA synthesis. It is also thought to be involvedmin the development of malignancy and the growth progression of some tumors.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.