Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- high-mobility group box 1,
- Sulfoglucuronyl carbohydrate binding protein,
- high mobility group protein 1,
- high-mobility group (nonhistone chromosomal) protein 1,
- High mobility group protein B1,
- high mobility group box 1,
Nuclear protein HMGB1 is a DNA-binding protein that associates with chromatin and has the ability to bend DNA. It binds preferentially single-stranded DNA. HMGB1 is involved in V(D)J recombination by acting as a cofactor of the RAG complex. It acts by stimulating cleavage and RAG protein binding at the 23 bp spacer of conserved recombination signal sequences (RSS).
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.