Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- G protein beta-4 subunit,
- guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta polypeptide 4,
- transducin beta chain 4,
- guanine nucleotide binding protein beta subunit 4,
- guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-4,
- Transducin beta chain 4,
GNB4 is the beta subunit of a heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding protein (G protein). These proteins also have alpha and gamma subunits. GNB4 and other beta subunits are important regulators of alpha subunits, as well as of certain signal transduction receptors and effectors. Each type of subunit is encoded by families of related genes.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
GNB4 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.