Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Glutamine:fructose 6 phosphate amidotransferase 1,
- glutamine--fructose-6-phosphate transaminase 1,
- D-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 1,
- Glucosamine--fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase [isomerizing] 1,
- Hexosephosphate aminotransferase 1,
- GFAT 1,
GFPT1 is the first and rate-limiting enzyme of the hexosamine pathway and controls the flux of glucose into the hexosamine pathway. It appears to catalyze the formation of glucosamine 6-phosphate. It may also be involved in regulating the availability of precursors for N- and O-linked glycosylation of proteins. GFPT1 is predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle, selectively expressed in striated muscle, and not expressed in brain.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.