Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Transforming Protein ERG,
- V-Ets Avian Erythroblastosis Virus E26 Oncogene Related,
- V-Ets Erythroblastosis Virus E26 Oncogene Homolog (Avian),
- V-Ets Erythroblastosis Virus E26 Oncogene Like,
- Transcriptional Regulator ERG,
- V-Ets Erythroblastosis Virus E26 Oncogene Like (Avian),
- TMPRSS2/ERG Fusion,
- Transcriptional Regulator ERG (Transforming Protein ERG),
The ERG gene codes for the ERG protein, a transcription factor that is a member of the erythroblast transformation-specific (ETS) family of transcriptions factors. Members of this family are involved in embryonic development, cell proliferation, differentiation, angiogenesis, inflammation, and apoptosis. ERG is mainly expressed in the nucleus. ERG is also involved in chromosomal translocations, resulting in different fusion gene products, such as TMPSSR2-ERG and NDRG1-ERG in prostate cancer, EWS-ERG in Ewing's sarcoma and FUS-ERG in acute myeloid leukemia. Different isoforms arising from multiple alternatively spliced transcripts have been identified.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.