Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- retinoblastoma-binding protein 3,
- Retinoblastoma-associated protein 1,
- Retinoblastoma-binding protein 3,
- PRB-binding protein E2F-1,
- retinoblastoma-associated protein 1,
- E2F transcription factor 1,
- transcription factor E2F1,
The E2F1 protein belongs to the E2F/DP family of transcription factors. E2F1 binds DNA cooperatively with dp (differentiation regulated transcription factor proteins)proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3' found in the promoter region of a number of genes whose products are involved in cell cycle regulation or in DNA replication. The E2F family plays a crucial role in the control of cell cycle and action of tumor suppressor proteins and is also a target of the transforming proteins of small DNA tumor viruses. E2F1 can mediate both cell proliferation and p53-dependent/independent apoptosis.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.