Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- New York Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma 1,
- L Antigen Family Member 2,
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 6.1,
- Autoimmunogenic Cancer/Testis Antigen NY-ESO-1,
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 1B,
- Cancer/Testis Antigen 1,
- Cancer Antigen 3,
NY-ESO-1, official name CTAG1B, is an antigen that is expressed in normal testis and ovary and overexpressed in a wide variety of cancers. The CTAG1B gene is found in a duplicated region of the X-chromosome and therefore has a neighboring gene of identical sequence. CTAG1B is expressed from 18 weeks until birth in human fetal testis. In the adult testis, is strongly expressed in spermatogonia and in primary spermatocytes, but not in post-meiotic cells or in testicular somatic cells (at protein level).
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.