Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- smooth muscle cell LIM protein,
- cysteine-rich protein 2,
- LIM domain only 5, smooth muscle,
- LIM domain only protein 5,
- Cysteine-rich protein 2,
- cysteine and glycine-rich protein 2,
- Smooth muscle cell LIM protein,
CSRP2 encodes a LIM domain protein. LIM domain proteins may be involved in regulatory processes important for development and cellular differentiation. CSRP2 has two copies of the cysteine-rich amino acid sequence motif (LIM) with putative zinc-binding activity, and may be involved in regulating ordered cell growth. CSRP2 is thought to play a role in the development of the embryonic vascular system.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
CSRP2 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.