Fox Chase Cancer Center
Establish a clinical epidemiology and validation center to identify high risk populations that are enrolled in Fox Chase-affiliated registries and tumor bank.
Fox Chase will serve as a resource center for specimens for use in collaborative research and proposes to:
- Assemble a multidisciplinary team of investigators focused on early detection and risk assessment markers.
- Develop meaningful collaborations with other EDRN centers and with regional institutions to foster early phase studies.
- Establish procedures for study monitoring, managing protocols/projects as well as quality assurance and data sharing.
- Conduct clinical biomarker validation studies for early detection of breast cancer utilizing proteomic techniques developed at Fox Chase Cancer Center and capability of detecting DNA hypermethylation in serum of patients at high risk for cancer.
- FCCC will use its unique resources: 1) to assess the accuracy of biomarkers in predicting extent or severity of disease, 2) to evaluate gene environmental interactions, 3) and to understand risks and susceptibility in high risk cohorts.